MySpot Wi-Fi Hotspots
WHAT IS MY SPOT?
SwaziTelecom has set up WiFi Hotspots in selected malls and shopping centres in the country. These WiFi Hotspots have been branded MySpot. MySpot gives customers Internet access anywhere anytime. This innovative and cost-effective service allows customers to access the fastest, most reliable broadband internet on their devices at specific public MySpot Zones - which are strategically located across the country. To connect using MySpot customers have to purchase a prepaid voucher from authorised distributors and recharge via the Swazi Telecom MySpot portal.
WHERE TO FIND MYSPOT
SwaziTelecom Hotspots can be found in the following places:
- Manzini Post Office
- Bhunu Mall
- Riverstone Mall
- Magevini Flats
- The Gables Shopping Complex
- Corner Plaza
- Mbabane Post Office
- Mbandzeni House
- Sokhamlilo Building
Customers can use laptops, tablets (iPad, Samsung Galaxy Note, Google Nexus 7), smartphones and any other suitable portable devices that are Wi-Fi enabled to access Swazi Telecom MySpot. Internet access through MySpot Zones is suitable because you do not need any extra devices such as modems to connect.
This service can be accessed using the following operating systems:
- iOS 7
- Blackberry OS
- Chrome OS
Other operating systems are compatible with Swazi Telecom MySpot as long as the device has Wi-Fi capability.
Time based packages:
In this price offering customers are charged based on the time spent accessing the Internet. Customers can download an unlimited volume of data:
||Price ( E )
|Daily Wi-Fi Hotspots
|Weekly Wi-Fi Hotspots
|Monthly Wi-Fi Hotspots
Capped Volume Data Packages:
In this price offering you are charged based on the fixed volume of data downloaded.
||PRICE ( E )
WHERE TO PURCHASE A VOUCHER
To access the SwaziTelecom MySpot you need to purchase a voucher. Vouchers are currently available in the following SPTC Outlets:
- Bhunu Mall Telecentre
- Riverstone Telecentre
- Gables Telecentre
- Corner Plaza Telecentre
- Phutfumani Telecentre
- SwaziPlaza Telecentre
The vouchers can be used in any site where there is a SwaziTelecom Hotspot irrespective of where it was purchased i.e. a voucher bought at Bhunu Mall can be used at the Gables.
STEPS TO CONNECT TO SWAZITELECOM MYSPOT
- Go to settings enable WIFI, then search for Swazi telecom Hotspot
- Connect to Swazi telecom hotspot
- For android and apple products, the phone/tablet PC will automatically pop-up an option to go to the landing page, or just open a browser and type any URL, you will automatically be redirected to the landing page
- In the landing page there are 2 options, first to click self-service to register/recharge or if you already have a username and password to access, and have enough credit, you will see fields to input them
- If you have username and password, enter them as indicated in the landing page and click the Login button, if the details are correct, you will see a success page with connection details, you can now open any page or start browsing.
- If you do not have a username and a password, click the self-service button, in the next page choose register, next page input SPTC recharge/calling card PIN/s, and choose desired packed , next page input your choice of a username, (check availability, it will tell you if available, if available you can use it, if not, try another one), input your email address as well for password recovery at a later stage, and choice of password
- Click register, a page with your login details and PIN with charge will be displayed, click the goto Login page to take you back to where we started, for you to now put your username and password to start browsing. This takes you back to step 5.
- If you have a username and a password, but don’t have enough credit, on the button of self-service, click recharge instead, and follow the steps.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For further information please call us on 800 2000 or visit the nearest Telecentre